Duff & Phelps helps boards of directors and special committees formed by boards fulfill their fiduciary responsibilities when considering many corporate transactions.
Our team has particular expertise in situations where advisor independence is paramount and scrutiny is elevated.
Duff & Phelps Ranked #1 for Announced Fairness Opinions in the U.S. and Globally in 2019, according to Thomson Reuters’ “Global Mergers & Acquisitions Review - Full Year 2019."
In the EMEA Region, Duff & Phelps ranked #3 for rendered fairness opinions aggregating nearly €13bn in deal value.1
Duff & Phelps is a global leader in Fairness Opinions and Special Committee Advisory, ranking first for announced fairness opinions the past five years. Since 2005, we have provided more than 900 fairness opinions (nearly $370 billion in deal value) for clients contemplating:
- Sell side / buy side mergers & acquisitions
- Spin-offs, split-ups, divestitures
- Going-private transactions
- Related-party transactions
Duff & Phelps has rendered 900 Solvency Opinions ($3.9 trillion in deal value) related to:
- Dividend recapitalizations
- Debt refinancings
- Intercompany restructurings
- Spin-offs and split-offs
- Duff & Phelps also has dedicated expertise in Commercially Reasonable Debt Opinions and ESOP and ERISA Advisory.
- Core Practice: Ranked #1 for Fairness Opinions in the U.S. and globally the past five years and is a leading financial advisor for solvency opinions (nearly 1,800 fairness and solvency opinions and $4.3 trillion in deal value since 2005)
- Independence: Vast majority of our opinions involve transactions in which Duff & Phelps is not the investment banker
- Analytical Rigor: Comfortable providing opinions in transactions involving minority interests, debt securities and those transactions lacking a market-clearing mechanism
(Source: 1. Thomson Reuters’ “Mergers & Acquisitions Review - Full Year 2019.”)
The German Economic Stabilization Fund and Importance of Fairness Opinions in Corporate Transactions
Corporate Finance Accomplishments and 2020 Industry Trends
In Defense of Fairness Opinions: An Empirical Review of Ten Years of Data
Healthcare Services Sector Update – June 2020
Duff & Phelps Experts Featured in FINANCE Magazin Discussing the German Government’s COVID-19 Relief Fund
Andreas Stoecklin Discusses the German Economic Stabilization Fund in Börsen-Zeitung
Mark Kwilosz Was Quoted in Auto Service World
Howard Johnson Provides M&A Market Update During FEI SGH Seminar